Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Title 9, I salute you.

Because you make me want to paddleboard while wearing an aloha print tankini, and because you make me look forward to opening my mailbox. Because your stores are full of light and birchwood accents, and because you evoke the landmark Act that made it easier for girls like me to be athletes. Because through you I can buy both workout swimwear and lifestyle t-shirts. Because your catalogue models are moms and lawyers and surfers and business owners and skiers and teachers and swimmers and scientists and runners and gardeners and capoiera dancers. Because you make me want to move to a stylish yurt in the San Juan Islands and teach botanical Latin and mindful kayaking to schoolchildren, or to a beachfront bungalow in Northern California to run an eco-friendly oyster farming conglomerate and lead weekend bike handling clinics. Because you make me believe that I can change the world just by being me. Title 9, I salute you!

1 comment:

  1. i like this. :) Title Nine sounds just like YOU

    ReplyDelete