Monday, July 9, 2012

Road ID: Safety First

A couple of people in my life have had accidents while out and about on their own recently, and as far as I'm concerned, that's a couple too many. As a result, I finally ordered a Road ID to wear when I'm out riding and running by myself. To be honest, I'm a little embarrassed it took me this long to buy one. I'm a cautious cyclist and runner--no headphones on the bike, on isolated trails, or crossing traffic; no running in the Park in the dark; stop at red lights and stop signs; make eye contact with drivers when crossing the street, etc.--but as I've seen firsthand, accidents do happen, and caution's a non-starter once you're lying unconscious, alone, on the side of the road. 

So I was actually kind of excited when I opened the small package that had arrived in my mailbox. Even better, when I wore my new Road ID on a long run and found the wristband a bit too snug, I emailed the company and asked if I could mail it back to exchange for the next size up. Within 24 hours, I received emails from both customer service and the founder/CEO himself saying that a new wristband in the larger size was on its way, free of charge. Great customer service makes my day! Plus, any company that employs Bob Roll as a spokesperson gets my vote. So thank you, Road ID. Here's to staying safe on the roads, the trails, and the Richmond District sidewalks. 
Bobke, in his pre-Road ID days

No comments:

Post a Comment